Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I think I have Twitter Brain...

Ok... so my life is a little nutty and I think Twitter has just confused it a bit more. 


I have a very busy work life, family life and home life, in which a lot of people rely on me.  I have two busy busy Bulldogs, a husband who does so much (cooks, does dishes and his own laundry! Thank goodness!) my mother, my sister, our business and our 8 staff. The new marketing position I'm assigned to that I work on 2-3 days a week from home, on top of my 40-60 hr work week. (I'm not complaining). My 2 little nephews whom I don't see enough. They live 10 doors away. Yes I said 10 doors away! I know! ... this is what I'm talking about! There's ... trying to get healthy and fit and stay that way. Keeping up on lessons and workouts and food choices for the fitness/nutrition program I'm paying money every month for....& I really want to win the 10 grand.
 The email and Facebook (which since Twitter... I rarely use anymore)...  texting and telephones and ipods. You get the idea. So, then what do I do? I start Twittering... or Tweeting.... whatever you want to call it. We all know the more followers and the more tweets.... the more confusing it gets! You're trying to keep up with all the stuff everyone is saying, asking, wondering about and wanting you to read. My head spins. I tweet everything in my head even when I'm not tweeting! I need to walk away...... and look at a tree or something.
(I almost put a smiley face there)


You can see how we can get so consumed... not just with Twitter.... but technology. Don't get me wrong. I like Twitter... a lot! I've met some great, talented, creative people from all over the world who've picked my brain, made me think of things I haven't thought about in a while... or ever! And have.. well.. just made me laugh!


It's just... well... I guess it all goes back to moderation. Focus. Goals. Real life. The need to make money to pay the housekeeper, the groceries and the bills.  To keep a clear idea in your head of what is important.... like your husband, your doggies, your parents.... and remembering to call your Gramma. To take your six and ten year old nephews bowling because you've never done that together and they really want you too.


 I'm not on Twitter 24-7 or even hours a day at a time. But... it is amazing how all that crazy  information can cloud your mind. Your regular thought process can get skewed. It can confuse the heck out of you if you don't stay real and ground yourself to what is going on in YOUR life. Because everything we do... affects us... and affects those around us. I know there has been a moment or two when my husband is cooking dinner and I'm sitting across from him with a glass of wine toggling back and forth between email, fitness lessons, blogger and Twitter... and he's wondering "Is she ever going to talk to me again?"


So, if you see me Tweeting... tell me something about yourself, throw me a link to your blog or make me laugh! and I'll try to do the same. But when I'm gone... I won't really be gone... I'll probably just... be looking at a tree or something.


I'm @shinylilpeople 
but in real life...I'm Adria.
I think I'm going to go read a book now.

No comments: